Mosrite - The Ramone's model

zarfnober
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite - The Ramone's model

Postby zarfnober » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm

Oh yeah, Ben Shepard(?) from Soundgarden has a Ramones model Bass(so does CJ Ramone), you can probably find video of him playing it on you tube when they were on Saturday Night Live.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

guitarnerd

Postby guitarnerd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Fantastic, thanks Rocco!

guitarnerd

Postby guitarnerd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey, I just noticed that the black Mosrite Johnny is holding hasn't got the sharkfin scratchplate... would that make this one the prototype, and the white one the finished model?

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Some had the sharkfin and some had the one like the black guitar in the photos, some had full german carve, some carved on upper bout only and some were slab bodied, some had pole piece pickups, some smooth, some had one pickup, some had tone knob, some didn't. I think it boiled down to "hey, I want a Ramones model" and you told him what you wanted.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

rynaro
Top Producer

Postby rynaro » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:46 pm

wow this one in black is awesome!!! did he ever play the black one live?
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 am

It's quite possible he played the black one that same night, or when he "delivered" the guitar, I really don't know. Perhaps someone will find a photo some day.

Rocco

oipunkguy
Master Contributor

Postby oipunkguy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 pm

just a small correction, the one Johnny ended up using was not the same version as shown at the beginning of this thread. the one johnny used had a single bridge p/up slanted with a smooth cover on the p/up, no tone knob, and no tremolo. ironically the one "ramones" model johnny used had no Ramones logo on it.

this is probably my favorite mosrite of all time, next to the mark VII that I own :D
Cheers,
Aaron
Facebook.com/aarons.guitars

"Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason."
— Mark Twain

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”