Early Ventures Model cases - rare

Bob K

Early Ventures Model cases - rare

Postby Bob K » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:25 pm

Here are pictures of what the earliest Ventures Model cases looked like. Notice that they are all slightly different from each other. I'm not sure when he made the switch to the alligator style but I suspect that my number 0039 was one of the last with the old style.
Bob

'59 Joe Maphis #1017(this case is mint, as is the guitar)

'63 Ventures Sidejack #0016

'63 Ventures Sidejack #0039 (this case is a little ruff arounf the edges)

Bushers
Valued Member

Re: Early Ventures Model cases - rare

Postby Bushers » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:36 am

Thats nice to see, interesting how they changed over the years. The condition of that '59 model is amazing that is one priceless guitar!!

If one day you ever want to sell that black sidejack model, let me know, it's my fav!! :lol: :D

Jason (Bushers)
1965 Ventures II Model ~ #B233

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Here's mine. Unfortunately I don't have a '59 to put in it so my '76 will have to do. Anyone wanna trade?

Bob K

Postby Bob K » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 pm

dork- your case matches my '63 number 0016 perfectly except that mine does not have a logo on it. Does the logo look original or an add-on?
Bob

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:05 pm

I would venture (pun intended) to say that the logo is not original. It is made up of old vinyl decals - one per letter - that are starting to lift and I dare say would come off in a matter of minutes. If they're not original someone sure did put a lot of time into putting them on. The case does have a rather old looking keychain on the handle though - white leather with a gold Mosrite of California logo.

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Bob posted:
Here are pictures of what the earliest Ventures Model cases looked like. Notice that they are all slightly different from each other. I'm not sure when he made the switch to the alligator style but I suspect that my number 0039 was one of the last with the old style.
Bob

HEY GUYS,
Does ANYBODY KNOW, I MEAN ANYONE....know who made the cases for like BOB's '59-'62s?

Most of us know that Victoria Luggage Company made the cases for the 63s and later. And I have
been trying to do a little research (feels like with a Geiger Counter!) on the Internet to see what I
could find, with not much luck. Just about all I could find, was very little info on 3 companies that
made cases for Gibson, Martin, Guild and a few others. The 3 listed were: Lifton, Geib and Stone.
But that's where it goes into a dead end.....Anybody have any info on the early Mo's Cases??? :roll:
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:Bob posted:
Bob

HEY GUYS,
Does ANYBODY KNOW, I MEAN ANYONE....know who made the cases for like BOB's '59-'62s?

Most of us know that Victoria Luggage Company made the cases for the 63s and later. And I have
been trying to do a little research (feels like with a Geiger Counter!) on the Internet to see what I
could find, with not much luck. Just about all I could find, was very little info on 3 companies that
made cases for Gibson, Martin, Guild and a few others. The 3 listed were: Lifton, Geib and Stone.
But that's where it goes into a dead end.....Anybody have any info on the early Mo's Cases??? :roll:

.........still NO luck :roll: ........anybody?????
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”