Rare Bird

screaminscotty

Rare Bird

Postby screaminscotty » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm

A buddy of mine has an old Mosrite guitar, which I have never seen before. I'm unclear if this was a short run production model or a one-off, but it is very strange indeed.

Here's the scoop:

The current owner says he has had the guitar in his possession for many, many, year & claims he has not altered the guitar. What makes this guitar very unusual is the body snap, which bear resemblance to a tear drop. The guitar features the slender Mosrite neck with dot inlays. The body has a slightly darker body would, which might be mahogany. The body is bare wood, which likely indicates a finish was removed at some-point. Other features include stereo electronics that bare resemblance to a model 350. Other points of interest include older Grover kidney bean tuners, that appear to be replacements. The nut is likely bone or plastic & not metal & the bridge looks like standard Mosrite affair.

If anyone can help identify pr provide any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pics posted here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29006951@N03/

Scotty

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Rare Bird

Postby dorkrockrecords » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm

That uncanny resemblance to a '70s Stereo 350 is that it is in fact a butchered Stereo 350. Mystery solved.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”