Help with value.

oliversmom55

Help with value.

Postby oliversmom55 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:46 am

I posted the other day and am new, I posted my husbands guitar does anyone know the value of this guitar. Original case although the outside shows age. It was restrung several years ago. This guitar has ever been played in 40 couple years. We want to sell soon. Can anyone help ? :) :?:

101Volts
Master Contributor

Re: Help with value.

Postby 101Volts » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:15 am

Here's a link to your other thread about the guitar. Photos are at the other topic (Said for anyone else reading.)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6163

As for monetary value, I think it depends on who you sell it to and its condition and what else is included. If the one you're asking about is all-original except for the pickguard (Meaning that the pickguard is the only replaced part other than the strings) and it's in fine shape condition-wise and playing-wise (And since you're apparently including the case) you may be looking at between $1,500 to $2,500 (On the high end) if you sell it to a person and not a store. It does appear to me that the frets, tuners and finish may indeed be original - They're period-correct for early 1966.

This is just my personal estimate though. If I were making an offer today I'd say "$1,900" or so plus shipping, Assuming it must be shipped to me and I'm not buying it in-person. It's a fine guitar design and fits me well, But I already have one like it.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”