serial numbers?

motiersbad
Valued Member

Re: serial numbers?

Postby motiersbad » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:52 am

I have K2229G
It's one these Pre Gospel necks with hidden cover for the mosrite decal. also these are the necks that came up from the dobro's

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:59 am

Do you have photos?
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

halfblank

Postby halfblank » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:37 am

Thanks Sarah! Yes, mine has 2 screws on the back at the neck joint, selector switch on the treble side horn, etc. Just as you described.

Btw, I tried to access your website but couldn’t figure it out. Would love to see your records, pictures, etc.

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:12 pm

halfblank wrote:Thanks Sarah! Yes, mine has 2 screws on the back at the neck joint, selector switch on the treble side horn, etc. Just as you described.

Btw, I tried to access your website but couldn’t figure it out. Would love to see your records, pictures, etc.

My old website was lost when the host went out of business. I need to rebuild it and its a lot of work! Please check back to it every few months and one day you'll be happy to see it return. In the meantime, I'm happy to share information here as well as photos.
1982 Fender Bullet

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:20 pm

Dasmosriteguy wrote:Does anyone have a complete and accurate list of Mosrite serial numbers and issue dates?

Thanks. DMG

Sarah93003 wrote:No.

dubtrub wrote:No comprehensive serial number list exist. Here's an effort made a few years ago that might help give an idea when a various range of serial numbers were made.

:arrow: Mosrte Ventures Owners List USA made

Sarah93003 wrote:Sorry, I was in a rush. ;)

Dasmoriteguy, finding and collecting exact Mosrite information is very difficult. This forum represents the largest repository of Mosrite related information on the internet.

It's my understanding that all Mosrite historical documentation, such as serial number lists, were lost in one or two factory fires. I'm going to guess that I have the most accurate list of Mosrite Celebrity serial numbers. I think I have collected about 500 so far. I have yet to collate all of that information to create a matrix that would reveal batch sizes, etc. As much as possible I collect pot codes so I can get an idea of when they were built. My website is WAY over due for an update and it's tough to find the time to do so. I had aspirations of doing a similar site for the Combo but that will likely have to wait until I retire in about 6 or 7 years. Alternatively I suppose I could add a couple of pages to my site and include other Mosrite data.

BRRanger, when I went back and read the thread, I had to chuckle as well. :D

Although the Factory Fire (or a series of factory fires) obliterated the numbers, we now have some better resources than when this thread was first posted in 2016. These lists are far from complete, but between the list that Danny posted, Maxkat's lists, and the ones I've started, there are a good number of lists available. The Serial Number Lists are now stickied at the top of the Vintage section for easy access:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8171&p=72399#p72399

Sarah, I have not yet posted any Serial # Lists for Celebrity models, though I did save references to a few of them.

- Austin
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Greg_L
Top Producer

Postby Greg_L » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:37 am

How do I add my two vintage Mosrites to the registry?

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:04 am

Greg_L wrote:How do I add my two vintage Mosrites to the registry?

It depends.

If it's a model on Max's site, you'll need to contact him in one way or another. However, I've not always had the best of luck getting in contact with him. You might eMail him, and he's on Facebook, so maybe you could contact him there? Maybe the best option would be to try contacting him in every way possible, which includes sending a P.M. here at the forum. He might also have an InstaGram account, but I'm not sure.

But if it's a model that's listed here on the forum? Then you could just tell me the model, finish, number, and a few other details. Some of those details are dependent on which model it is, but some appreciated details that are common between models would be (1:) how many pieces of wood the neck is made out of (not counting the headstock,) and (2:) how many bolts are holding the neck on, and (3:) if the bolt-on construction is using ferrules or a neck plate.

- Austin

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:55 am

As for Celebrities, I have them broken down by:

Celebrity: These were the original archtops, mortise and tenon joint without the control plate. They came in 6 string, 12 string, and bass.

Celebrity I: The thick bout in 6, 12, and bass with deluxe appointments.

Celebrity II: The thin bout in 6, 12, and bass with deluxe appointments.

Celebrity III: The thin bout in 6, 12, and bass that were entry level.

MoBro: For the brief period that Mosrite owned Dobro and made resonators with the celebrity body.

Gospel: The crème de la crème of the Celebrities, in my humble opinion. There are also the Gospels that were simply a brass plate put on a standard Celebrity.

I'll give some thought as to the best way to represent a serial number list for all of these.
1982 Fender Bullet

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:13 pm

Sarah93003 wrote:As for Celebrities, I have them broken down by:

Celebrity: These were the original archtops, mortise and tenon joint without the control plate. They came in 6 string, 12 string, and bass.

Celebrity I: The thick bout in 6, 12, and bass with deluxe appointments.

Celebrity II: The thin bout in 6, 12, and bass with deluxe appointments.

Celebrity III: The thin bout in 6, 12, and bass that were entry level.

MoBro: For the brief period that Mosrite owned Dobro and made resonators with the celebrity body.

Gospel: The crème de la crème of the Celebrities, in my humble opinion. There are also the Gospels that were simply a brass plate put on a standard Celebrity.

I'll give some thought as to the best way to represent a serial number list for all of these.

I've started serial number lists for the I, II, and III models. The other ones didn't get anything yet.

I:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8185

II:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8186

III:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8184

- Austin

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”