Hear the sound of a Mosrite amp

68Tom

Re: Hear the sound of a Mosrite amp

Postby 68Tom » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Nokie wrote:Glad to oblige. Who are the other Award owners on the list? -Marty

Hey Marty. Wanted to thank you as I checked out your site and listened to your demos before deciding to purchase my amp yesterday.

You can add me to the every growing (albeit at a snails pace) list of Mosrite Amp owners. Mine is a 1968 Mosrite BG-500. I'll post some pics when I get home. Oddly, it doesn't have the blue grille cloth. Mine is black & brown. It certainly doesn't look like it was replaced, but haven't seen any pics of anything but those with the blue cloth. I did notice on a 1968 Mosrite catalog that the black and white "cartoon-ish" drawings of their amps that they had a pattern on them. Anyway, I'll stop rambling as I'm sure the answer is obvious to those who are well-informed.

Needs a little bit of work (the fuzzrite isn't working properly at the moment), but is all original and complete with stand, foot switch and all.

I'll try to post some pics later.

Tom

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:36 pm

68Tom wrote:
Nokie wrote:Glad to oblige. Who are the other Award owners on the list? -Marty

Hey Marty. Wanted to thank you as I checked out your site and listened to your demos before deciding to purchase my amp yesterday.

You can add me to the every growing (albeit at a snails pace) list of Mosrite Amp owners. Mine is a 1968 Mosrite BG-500. I'll post some pics when I get home. Oddly, it doesn't have the blue grille cloth. Mine is black & brown. It certainly doesn't look like it was replaced, but haven't seen any pics of anything but those with the blue cloth. I did notice on a 1968 Mosrite catalog that the black and white "cartoon-ish" drawings of their amps that they had a pattern on them. Anyway, I'll stop rambling as I'm sure the answer is obvious to those who are well-informed.

Needs a little bit of work (the fuzzrite isn't working properly at the moment), but is all original and complete with stand, foot switch and all.

I'll try to post some pics later.

Tom

Congrats on the new amp, Tom! Make with the pics, I'm anxious to see it.
-Marty

68Tom

Postby 68Tom » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Here's the only photo I have with me at the moment. Sorry it's not great quality.

Nokie
Top Producer

Postby Nokie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:57 pm

68Tom wrote:Here's the only photo I have with me at the moment. Sorry it's not great quality.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh18 ... hoto-1.jpg

Very interesting, Tom. It's nice that you have the stand but I notice it's black as opposed to the chrome that I see on other examples. I suspect the grill cloth is not original. Have you checked to see what speaker is loaded in the amp? Thanks for posting the pic! -Marty

nategibson

Postby nategibson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:55 pm

congrats on the new amp!!!
it looks an awful lot like the one i tried to buy on craigslist AZ,
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3719

but the owner decided not to ship it...

glad it went to a forum member!
what a bargain!
how does it sound?

-nate

68Tom

Postby 68Tom » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Yep, it was the one on CL in AZ. Thanks.

Well, I need to get the fuzz worked on, but otherwise, it sounds really good.

As far as the stand, I'd be shocked if it was ever painted. The grille cloth really looks original as well. I know this is strange, because as you stated stands and original cloth was definitely different.

You think it might be a prototype or something?

I'll check on the speaker, but I believe it is original.

Also need to get some better pics put up. Maybe this weekend. Been pretty busy as of late.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”