Model-400 - Something Went right for me!!

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Re: Model-400 - Something Went right for me!!

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Veenture wrote:1966...wow...that seems a nice early date, Dennis has got himself a little treasure there! :P

Well, presumably the parts predate the production. I can't imagine that there were that many batches of Mosrite amps produced over that long a period of time to qualify as "early" or "late." Unless of course you have one of those Dumble-made ones, which would certainly qualify as early.

Does anyone know how the serial numbers on these worked? My Model-200 is serial number A017, and GattonFan's new toy seems to be 10064.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:37 pm

dorkrockrecords wrote: Does anyone know how the serial numbers on these worked? My Model-200 is serial number A017, and GattonFan's new toy seems to be 10064.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that serial nr. "10064" represents the 64th. produced amp in the series and that the 100 is simply a fanciful prefix. I remember reading somewhere this being done with the numbering of vinyl records...but I could be way off track now :?

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Wanted to update with some more photos - I reworked the pedal - had an 8-pin plug, and the wires had been cut, rendering the pedal useless. After hitting on a method of wiring correctly (I plugged in the pedal with all the wires off, and one by one added them until everything worked - :lol: ), I repainted and put it all back together. Opened the amp and cleaned all the pots, vacuumed the dust - and we're rockin'! Pix
Pedal before:
Pedal after
Chassis pix:
So many guitars; So little time ..

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Outstanding job! Those are great photo's of the 'insides'.

Now if only I could find a model 200 for a decent price. Adam? ;)

Ya know, looking at that chassis, it would really be cool if 'someone' ;) hint,hint, would actually replicate this solid state version of Mosrite amps. BTW, for those that aren't in the 'know', the amp pictured here was not the 'bombshell' Mosrite amp that was a total flop. It was the 'Award' Mosrite amps that felled terribly.
Danny Ellison

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:43 pm

Ya know, looking at that chassis, it would really be cool if 'someone' hint,hint, would actually replicate this solid state version of Mosrite amps.
..Thats what I'm saying. This is the amp Mosrite fans want here in the U.S. and Japan {I would think.}

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:41 pm

Congrats on the Amp!!! Very nice, I would Love to stumble on one myself. I picked up a BG-500 several months ago for 250.00!!! I know, that's a no brainer, Can't go wrong for that price and it had a Vintage EV 15in. speaker in it!!! Mine all works Great except the reverb. I know that was one of the problems originally with them. I use an outboard reverb anyway so it doesn't matter to me. I love the sound of my '65 Mosrite Guitar through the Big Beast, I never thought I would ever say that about a Solid State Amp. Really wish someone would consider a high grade yet retro reissue of the original mosrite Amp & circuits. Oh well... untill then it's the real deal for me!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/thethunderheads
Click on logo to visit website

101Volts
Master Contributor

Postby 101Volts » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Great pictures! I have to say this, though: Who would cut the wire to the pedal?!
1966 Ventures II (German Carved, B670.)
1970s "Not a Blues Bender" Bodies: 2.
1976 Brass Rail Deluxe #10.
2013 Fender Pawn Shop Bass VI.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:40 am

101Volts wrote:Great pictures! I have to say this, though: Who would cut the wire to the pedal?!

....the previous owners wife...tryin' to get some sleep?! :mrgreen:

Hey Dennis, really cool! The clean-up and especially the revival of the pedal must've been great fun to do...and quite rewarding too!...well done ;)

Paul

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:01 am

I dunno who would cut them, but the 2 wires that were left in the pins weren't on the right pins ... guess someone attempted to fix it, and just gave up ...
So many guitars; So little time ..

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 am

Very cool amp! And a nice job on the footswitch too.

From the pictures of the boards, the power amp circuit appears to be similar in design to the Thomas Organ Vox amps. There is what appears to be an FET at the input stage and a silicon transistor FuzzRite circuit built-in as well.

The one photo with the FuzzRite board shows a loose brass standoff sitting on one of the boards. If you didn't already remove it, be sure to find it before it causes and problems in there.

Congrats on a great find.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”