new Mosrite tube amp

mosritetexas

new Mosrite tube amp

Postby mosritetexas » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm pretty sure there will be a New Mosrite amp at the L A show in August.
Hand wired 40 watt "tube" Can't wait for the Mosrite group to test it.

mosritetexas

Re: new tube amp

Postby mosritetexas » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm

does anyone care? :?:

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm intrigued, but why so cryptic?

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:52 pm

Did Ed Sanner design OR build it???
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 am

I'm looking forward to finding out more. I'm hoping it's got reverb, tremolo and FUZZ!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 am

I guess we're all waiting for some more details to emerge but in any case, a hand wired 40 watt "tube" amp ain't half bad! :shock:
I already have a 40 watter tube; a Fender custom Vibrolux Reverb RI, so my interest in the new Mo' will (have to) be limited. :|

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:58 am

Does anyone know who's building these? Or what the distribution will be?
So many guitars; So little time ..

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:59 am

Will it be a real Mosrite amp or someones design with Mosrite labled on it? I would like to hear more about it and if anyone connected with Semie Mosley is involved. I may be one of the few that feel this way but I would find it more interesting if it was Solid State. I know that is Hersay!!! I've got a room full of Tube amps built around Fender Guitars and one Mosrite Solid State amp actually built around a Mosrite Guitar. I bought my Mosrite BG500 because it was Dirt Cheap and I could say that I have one. I was floored when I plugged it in the first time. Absolutely smokin' tone with my Mosrite Guitars and Tube Reverb, the Reverb doesn't work on the amp anyway. When will there be more details???? http://www.myspace.com/thethunderheads
Click on logo to visit website

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:17 am

I'm intrigued as well, but guess we'll have to wait until it is officially unveiled.
'Handwired' does have more of a tube amp implication, and it will be interesting to see what features, like Mel stated: tremolo? reverb? built in fuzz?
At 40 watts it sounds like a pair of 6L6, but could it be EL34 powered like the original 11 made by Dumble?
We shall see.

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 am

I do have some info on the amp it does have the 6L6's, a single 12" ceramic Jensen speaker. It will be distributed by Mosrite of California ( Dana's company). wanted to hear the amp in Arizona, but so many people started to talk about lawyers and protecting interest, it turned us off.It is being created with the Mosrite history in mind. Let me explain. this is why The Mosrite forum is the first to know. We are aware that Semie was blown away by a amp first introduced way back when.We went looking for a amp that would do that. Hand made to be strong but let the guitar come through. I really listened to the amps by our maker and the understanding of all aspects of playing and electronics is wonderful.Oh, yes I do work with Mosrite and Dana Is family. Semie was my idol and cousin. I traveled with him and did shows with him in the late "80's. You could walk a short time through a guitar show and learn things you can't believe.Okay. there will be a "beta" tube amp at the L A show. We want people to play it and tell us what they think. The Mosrite forum will get a discount , if your good :lol: I hope we can put one in Artie's in Bakersfield so it will get lots of feed back. The failure of Mosrite amps was making something wonderful cheap. That won't happen under Dana's watch.I will be reading the forum and try to answer all questions. Please help us succeed this time with Mosrite.
MOSRITE FOR EVER
GREG

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”