new Mosrite tube amp

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Re: new tube amp

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:08 am

Thanks Greg! While you've answered some questions, what you've really done is spurred more interest.
Just one question: Will it have tremolo?
Great story about Semie, BTW.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am

Greg -
By "Dana's company" I assume you mean Fillmore?

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am

mosritetexas wrote:does anyone care? :?:
Greg, what you have revealed to us since, is very exciting and interesting! Info about the new amp sounds good and very promising. In hindsight I now realise that you were teasing us a little and prompting us to be more inquisitive by posing your question to us earlier on!

Making the new Mosrite amp reliable as well as good-sounding are key points I reckon (no "drive" channel and such; if I had a say in this I'd be going strongly in the direction of a Fender ’63 Vibroverb ).

I wish you good luck with the project! ;)

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 pm

This is all very interesting news and certainly exciting. I would love to see and hear one of these myself. As for the show in LA in August, can you provide more details such as time and place. Is it open to the public, etc? It's a short drive for me. Is this the show being discussed?

Los Angeles World Guitar Show

Date: 8/1/2009 - 8/2/2009

at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Santa Monica, CA. For more info, contact California World Guitar Shows, Texas Amigos Productions (800) 525-7273, (918) 288-2222, fax (918) 288-2888. Co-sponsored by Vintage Guitar magazine. larryb@stringswest.com txshows.com.

thanks! Sarah
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:34 pm

Yes it will have a tremolo and reverb- depth -and speed, just like the M-200.
Dana is supported by Fillmore but she has total USA stuff also. This amp will be 100% USA made.
Fillmore owns the Mosrite logo and is totally supportive of Dana in the USA market.
The Mosrite is more like the FIRSTamp made for Semie. But with better components.
No fuzz........buy a Fuzzrite :lol:

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Yikes. With Loretta filing more litigation against Fillmore, and now Ed Roman, Dana could be asking for trouble with this little project.

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:13 pm

Alright I'm getting more interested!!! By what I've heard so far it is getting the right ingredients. What is the BallPark price point??? Is it being voiced with Mosrite Guitars??? What are the cosmetices looking like, Retro??? thanks for all the info - Billy Crawford
http://www.myspace.com/thethunderheads
Click on logo to visit website

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Thanks Greg. Very cool.
Billy, considering it's hand wired (point to point?) and made in the USA, I would expect boutique prices.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Strat-o-rama wrote:Billy, considering it's hand wired (point to point?) and made in the USA, I would expect boutique prices.

........and unfortunately a very small market. Mosrite guitars have a small following and I fear that Mosrite amps would have a smaller following.

Personally I feel that Fillmore is missing the golden opportunity to really push their Mosrite guitars in in the public arena outside Japan by their exorbitant prices. Look at the Hallmark Custom 60s. Though I doubt Hallmark is getting rich, their guitars are selling because they can keep the price down making them affordable. If Mosrite guitars and amps were available through major music outlet super stores and the prices were affordable, Mosrite could make a come back. Other wise it will only remain a handful of enthusiasts that seek them out.

Regardless of price or opinion, I sincerely hope the new Mosrite amp is a success. I will certainly be eager to try one out.
Danny Ellison

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 pm

I would also "support the effort" by putting my Money where my Mouth is. I also agree about Mosrite Japan missing out on the US market by their price point. That is exactly why I bought a Hallmark 60 Custom. Great quality and price point. Thanks for all the info - BC
Click on logo to visit website

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”