new Mosrite tube amp

mosritetexas

Re: new tube amp

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm

These are 100% my words

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:36 pm

sorry Danny didn't mean to cofuse anyone.I will keep them simpler. Just tried to answer everyones question.Why did you think these we not my words?

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:41 pm

I agree with Danny, mosritetexas, your words do perplex. For a new member of only 25 posts you certainly have shaken things up a bit. I'm not sure if it's Moseley family pride or something else, but your posts seem to be building an ulterior motive. I think it's fantastic that luthiers and manufacturers like Terry McArthur and Ed Elliott contribute to our humble community, but I don't think keeping the rhetoric to a minimum is too much to ask.

Adam

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 pm

okay. sorry to butt in. out

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:50 pm

If people are going to make a Mosrite amp they should make it look like this, it also should be solid state. This is the kind of reissue that I would put down money for.
Of course it would be free of all the issues that plagued the originals but still have the fuzz trem and reverb plus it would have the looks we all have lusted after for all these years. The price would be a lot less than a hand-wired point to point tube amp. I guess
I don't get why they would make a repo of an amp that never went in to production?
Anyway that is my 2 cents. I look forward to seeing what is made.

{Gatton fan is a lucky dude}

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:09 pm

mosritetexas wrote:okay. sorry to butt in. out
Please don't misunderstand, I don't think anyone feels that you are butting in or out. If you indeed have knowledge of the new Mosrite amp, I'm sure we all want to hear about it. But obviously some of us are struggling to follow your posts.

Some of your posts are in bold print and others are normal. Usually one uses bold print to accent a word or when copying or quoting from another source. Then you stated something about Loretta, and I'm still trying to figure out where that came from. I had assumed you were quoting from another source and failed to include the part that ties that into the discussion. Regardless, please continue on with you involvement here on the forum and maybe articulate your meanings a little clearer. That way it doesn't appear that you are quoting someone else, being covert or evasive.
Danny Ellison

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:17 am

Uhm, WHAT?! Brought home? Currently we have two Japanese and one Taiwanese companies fighting over a name that has essentially been defunct for almost two decades. And "Dana and her team?!" Is that like the Royal we? I hate to be a contrarian, but I'm not sure your definition of success is in my dictionary.[/quote]

apparently I have been misinformed about a number of Important Elements revolving around the Mosrite Name and Being Brought back to the USA, So for that.... Thanks for Correcting me.

Enjoy Fellas
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:51 pm

Will this amp be more of a Standell? If anyone is interested, Weber is coming out with a clone kit for the 25 watt Standell, go to www.webervst.com for details, look under Weber kits. Price is right too, a company is also selling a clone for around $2,500.00. So the Weber kit would be a great choice for someone wanting a Standell without breaking the bank and, it will be all new parts!

If anyone is interested in one of these and is scared of assembly, I can build one for you, or any Weber or other kit you may want. The Weber kit however, is not out yet, should be in the next month or so. I can provide photos and sound samples of amps I have built/modified on request, just send me a pm. Thanks,

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree with Brutus, it should look like a retro Version of the old Mosrites. I also stick to my initial responce that it should be Solid State. The technology is there to whip out high grade Musical electronics that are Solid State. Every body and their Brother is in the tube amp market. I get Vintage Guitar Magazine and every issue it pains me to see another end all amp!!! They are all from the Tube Family and usually are "Gain" oriented. Roland was successful with their Solid State Jazz Chorus series, Mosrite could make a real mark in the Market if they offered a Solid State alternative to everybody else. Just my opinion, Billy Crawford {owner of a Dozen Tube Amps}
http://www.myspace.com/thethunderheads
Click on logo to visit website

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:33 pm

While it is true a good player can sound good through just about any amp, even solid state amps, they sound much better through a real tube amp. I honestly can't play much beyond bar chords and I can sound OK with the volume up. Take the same guitar and amp and put a real player on it and it is just amazing, to these ears anyway. Not to toot my own horn, but when I let some good players try out a couple amps I built, I was stunned at their tone. And these were pretty high gain amps, but they got beautiful cleans out of them. Tube amps are just far more expressive and touch sensitive than the solid state stuff. Yes , there are some pretty good sounding SS amps, I just prefer tubes. And I usually like the simpler circuits better.

And according to John Fogerty, Bud Ross told him he was the only one to get a good sound out of the old tuck and roll SS Kustoms. Pretty hard to knock anything Fogerty did.

But back to tubes. Once I convinced a friend to buy a real amp and throw away his SS Crate, he became a true believer and a much better player, and, I finally knew what song he was playing!

Where's Deke on this subject?

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”