new Mosrite tube amp

brutus
Top Producer

Re: new tube amp

Postby brutus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:40 pm

[url]Image[/url]
I thought Vox did a good job with the Valvetronix nice retro looks and solid state priced pretty low. I'm not in to the amp modeling stuff they had but I would buy the 4 12 cab and trapezoid head. Also North Coast Music can turn a Valvetronixs in to a Super Beatle or Buckingham pretty cool. Not repeat myself too much but Mosrite should make a repo of the 400.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:43 pm

Don't these have a tube preamp?
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:06 pm

They have the "Valve Reactor" stuff going on with a solid state power amp. It's a pretty cool amp design. A hybrid I guess. P.s. I don't think B.B. King can sound any better than he does thru that L-5.

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:10 am

thunderhead wrote:I agree with Brutus, it should look like a retro Version of the old Mosrites. I also stick to my initial responce that it should be Solid State. The technology is there to whip out high grade Musical electronics that are Solid State. ...//... Billy Crawford {owner of a Dozen Tube Amps}

We all love tube amps for what they are and I sincerely hope manufactures will keep on making them but transistor amps deserve better recognition and as Billy says, the technology is there...
I almost sold my 90's Fender "PRINCETON 112 plus" Solid State 60 watt amp when I bought my Vibrolux Reverb RI but decided to keep it as practice- and backup amp. Solid States are so dependable and if you didn't know it, in some cases you'd think a tube amp is getting played on. This happened just the other day when I was having a duo-session at my house with a friend. He loved the sound and thought it was coming from the tube...surprise surprise...my Princeton Solid State baby -sitting next to the Vibro- was at work! Go figure :geek:

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 am

brutus wrote:[url]Image[/url]
I thought Vox did a good job with the Valvetronix nice retro looks and solid state priced pretty low. I'm not in to the amp modeling stuff they had but I would buy the 4 12 cab and trapezoid head. Also North Coast Music can turn a Valvetronixs in to a Super Beatle or Buckingham pretty cool. Not repeat myself too much but Mosrite should make a repo of the 400.

I've got the lower end AD50VT. It's a great practice/jam amp. The tube sound comes through for me. Don't know that it would handle the riggers of gigging, though.

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:05 am

Deke must be off on tour somewhere ... But those are some very cool amps ... How pricey are they?
So many guitars; So little time ..

64sunburst
Top Producer

Postby 64sunburst » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Gplayer, I like the retrofit grill cloth - very cool. I also have an AD50VT, and not only is it gig-worthy, but with very little tweaking, it is a tone machine. I have played blues gigs with my Epiphone AlleyKAt hollow-body straight into the AD50VT (no pedals) and to me it sounds and feels like the Fender bassman it is modeling (although I find the amp seems to favor humbucker/P90 over Fender single-coils.)

I once let a touring blues musician, Travis "Moonchild" Haddox use my amp - it was just his semi-hollow Guild straight into my AD50vt - it sounded killer! I think digital modeling amps can sound fantastic if you tweak them for a particular application. For instance, I 've got the amp tweaked for great blues tones and just standard rock'n'roll tones, but I have not been able to get a satisfactory surf guitar tone out of it yet, or a really great Fender single-coil tone. But the great thing about the Vox AD's and other digital amps is that you can vary your volume for really small rooms without losing your tone. And the AD50VT was really cheap - I got mine used for $275.

Byron

gplayer
Top Producer

Postby gplayer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:10 pm

I get great tone from mine. what I meant by "gig worthy" , is I don't know how well it will hold up under hauling around conditions. Mine just sets on it's stand at home. :lol:

stevelpj

Postby stevelpj » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Which amp show in LA were you talking about, Greg "texas"?

mosritetexas

Postby mosritetexas » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:26 pm

Mosrite will be at the The Los Angeles world Guitar show Aug. 1st and 2nd in Santa Monica
txshows.com.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”