Moseley Gospel Amps

dubtrub
Administrator

Moseley Gospel Amps

Postby dubtrub » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

That's right, Moseley not Mosrite Gospel amps made by Eddie Sanner for Semie. These are scarce as hens teeth. This is a solid state amp and it sounds incredible with a LOT of horsepower. Sorry for the dark pictures but it's the best I've got for now.

Danny Ellison

rynaro
Top Producer

Re: Moseley Gospel Amps

Postby rynaro » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Wow thats cool :-)
Tym Sweeping Wing Jr #Z0094 (murph trem & mastery bridge)/ Tym vibratone #A0080 (jag trem/pickups)>Heaps of pedals>Vox AC15HW
http://www.facebook.com/tenderbones
https://tenderbones.bandcamp.com
http://ryanlhumphreys.bandcamp.com

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:49 pm

dubtrub wrote:Sorry for the dark pictures but it's the best I've got for now.

...don't be sorry! ...it couldn't be better this way ...it puts the amp in a very fitting setting in an 'eerie kind of lighting' that goes sooo well with the special font and logo on the amp's panel which is even in a scroll design.
Man, that amp is telling a story all by itself :shock:

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Nice! Is that at FrontPorch, or does this one belong to you, Danny? Amazing how much obscure "product" associated with the Moseley name is out there - somewhere. Great find!
So many guitars; So little time ..

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

GattonFan wrote:Nice! Is that at FrontPorch, or does this one belong to you, Danny? Amazing how much obscure "product" associated with the Moseley name is out there - somewhere. Great find!

Oh no, Not mine! Although I'd give my eye teeth to own it. Unfortunately not mine but Artie's and he will not part with it. Actually he won't part with anything Mosrite related unless it's new made. Speaking of new made, he has some outstanding Fillmore Mosrites and they are BEAUTIFUL. They are actually too nice to be on the same level playing field as the originals. They are absolutely flawless and sound to die for. Starting at $1500, they may seem expensive but owning the real deal, they are as close as you are going to get if you want an original sounding and FEELING vintage Mosrite.
Danny Ellison

thunderhead
Top Producer

Postby thunderhead » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:01 pm

Thanks again Danny, man that's a Killer Amp :!: I would also Love to own it :!: I would use it in my Gospel Gig at the Church :!: :!: :mrgreen:
Click on logo to visit website

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:39 pm

..................... :shock: ......................
......sorry, can't speak at the moment.....
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

dellison

Postby dellison » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 pm

This might help a bit -

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm

What's interesting to me about the Gospel amp is that even though Semie always claimed it was the Mosrite amps that put him out of business, this one carries the early 70's "Moseley of California" logo on it. So he got back into amp production right after the bankruptcy, or maybe he was using leftover Mosrite amps to make these Gospels? There can't be many of these Gospels out there, I've only seen the one that Artie after a lifetime of guitar geeking.

Deke

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:Semie always claimed it was the Mosrite amps that put him out of business,
Deke

The amps that caused the bankruptcy was the 'Ventures' Mosrite Award BG amps, not the ones Semie produced via Ed Sanner simply called Mosrite Model 200, 400 etc. By the time Semie tooled up for his own line of Mosrite amps it was too late. Once the Mosrite Ventures distributing company collapsed it caused the Mosrite factory to fold. The Ventures excursion into amplifier manufacturing with the Eastern company using the Mosrite name was the beginning of the end of Mosrite Ventures success which ultimately lead to the demise of Semies Mosrite factory on P street. There were no problems with the Ed Sanner designed Mosrite amps.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”