Re: Mosrite Amp at Los Angeles guitar show....

ElTwang
Top Producer

Re: Mosrite Amp at Los Angeles guitar show....

Postby ElTwang » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:19 pm

So what about the Mosrite amp? Was it there?

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Re: Los Angeles guitar show....

Postby jnslobaugh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:34 pm

ElTwang wrote:So what about the Mosrite amp? Was it there?

Took the Question right out of my mouth. :o . One would think it would be the center of attention if it was being shown.
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Yeah, the amp was there. To tell you the truth it wasn't that exciting to me visually. Looked like your standard issue new amp with a Mosrite logo on it....might as well have been a Crate or a Peavey as far as looks go. I didn't hear anyone play out of it. Maybe it sounds really good.

Deke

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:Yeah, the amp was there. To tell you the truth it wasn't that exciting to me visually. Looked like your standard issue new amp with a Mosrite logo on it....might as well have been a Crate or a Peavey as far as looks go. I didn't hear anyone play out of it. Maybe it sounds really good.

Deke

Well. I guess they just lost their chance for an artist endorsement. The Ecco Fonics won't be given new amps to play and promote? :shock:

They sure aren't following in Semie's foot steps. ;)
Danny Ellison

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:32 pm

I would agree that the first visual impression is nuetral and generic.

In my opinion I would have brought in a bigger weapon; someone to sit on it, make
it sing, scream and command their subconscious minds to follow the TONE :!:
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am

...Nicely put Jeff ;)

bakeoboy
Top Producer

Postby bakeoboy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:42 am

I did not go to the show,although I got to try out the amp at Front Porch on monday.
The mosrite amp was clear and loud and the big magnet Jensen 12'' speaker did a good job of handeling the output from the 6L6's pair. I also tried it through a boogie 4x12 cab and I didn't think the volume was much different.
The amp had a rich sounding reverb- stronger than most amps,and the tremelo will go so fast it dissapears!I would like the tremelo to go at a little slower speed,it's kinda fast at the slow setting.
I was told that the amp would stay at the shop for a while,but things change,and the amp traveled back to Texas.
the amp will not be released until after final approval in October. estamated msrp will be around $2500.
Artie

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 am

the amp will not be released until after final approval in October. estamated msrp will be around $2500.
Artie

Thanks for the descriptive Review Artie. Very Helpful Indeed!

But $ :shock: $ OUCH :!:
Point to Point & the Rest of the PKG. - might be what one would expect in todays market.....
But $ :o $ OUCH :!:

This is just my opinion but Mosrite is already challenged in marketing a new amp successfully beyond just this Forums Family.
Will there be interest? Of course, but it seems to me that they have chosen the steepest hill to climb knowing they're already in for a storm.
Let's hope the wind is at their back and the sun starts to shine!
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 pm

Deke Dickerson wrote:...a dealer who says: "Aw man, why couldn't that have been a MOSRITE?" Then he follows it up with "I mean, all you can play on those things are Ventures songs!"
...I CAN GO FOR THAT!... :mrgreen:

Deke Dickerson
Top Producer

Postby Deke Dickerson » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm

I didn't mean to knock the Mosrite amp. If it's going to be a boutique 6L6 amp with a $2500 price tag it will find an audience.

I'm just always amazed at some of these companies who go to great lengths to duplicate the look and authenticity of their guitar reissues, but then when they go to make an amp, they just take some off-the-rack square cabinet from their Chinese supplier. It would probably cost about 3 dollars more per cabinet to get something made that looked exactly like an old Mosrite amp, but typically they don't take that extra step because they don't place that much importance on amplifiers.

Deke

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”