Fuzz box and compressor units built by Red Rhodes

babiuk

Fuzz box and compressor units built by Red Rhodes

Postby babiuk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:14 am

I´m trying to know more about the compressor unit that Red Rhodes built to Nokie, as readed in some places like in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36

Anyone has any info about this compressor?
And about the fuzz box pre-fuzzrite?

I think it´s a interesting matter for everybody, so please let´s leave here all the info we can and this way the mistery will maybe solved.

jtr654
Top Producer

Re: Fuzz box and compressor units built by Red Rhodes

Postby jtr654 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:49 pm

The Fuzz plugged into Nokie's Combo looks a lot like a Bosstone.

cophagus

Postby cophagus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 pm

I found out on another forum that Tony Peluso (the guitar player with The Carpenters) also used a Red Rhodes Compressor. Perhaps there are more of them out there - I thought that Nokie was the only guitarist who used Red's compressor. Red Rhodes might have made several and sold them only from his shop.

In this 1976 video you can see a couple of pedals/boxes on Nokie's amp - one of these could be the mysterious compressor! Would be interesting to know what the other ones are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi6MLEuBOMc

cophagus

vjf1968
Top Producer

Postby vjf1968 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

babiuk wrote:I´m trying to know more about the compressor unit that Red Rhodes built to Nokie, as readed in some places like in this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=36

Anyone has any info about this compressor?
And about the fuzz box pre-fuzzrite?

I think it´s a interesting matter for everybody, so please let´s leave here all the info we can and this way the mistery will maybe solved.

Don't know about the compressor but the fuzz was before the Fuzzrite.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:51 pm

Doesn't Red Rhodes work for Groove tubes? Is he still alive? Try contacting them.

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Died in 1995, should'a looked before last post. :?
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

cophagus

Postby cophagus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:26 am

I wish I could find an interview/decent article about Red Rhodes. Sounds like a very interesting chap! I've only found small snippets of info such as the Velvet Hammer pick-ups and the customised bass he sold to Bob Bogle after his Hofner was stolen. Would be great to find out what else he did. Perhaps there could be something in an old issue of a guitar magazine or an interview with someone who knew him well. If someone got hold of one of those compressors he made then clones of it could be built - like with the fuzzrite that others have made themselves.

Edward Lopez

Postby Edward Lopez » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:57 pm

cophagus wrote:I wish I could find an interview/decent article about Red Rhodes. Sounds like a very interesting chap! I've only found small snippets of info such as the Velvet Hammer pick-ups and the customised bass he sold to Bob Bogle after his Hofner was stolen. Would be great to find out what else he did. Perhaps there could be something in an old issue of a guitar magazine or an interview with someone who knew him well. If someone got hold of one of those compressors he made then clones of it could be built - like with the fuzzrite that others have made themselves.

I Googled Red Rhodes and got about 29,100,000 results! Surely, amongst them you could find enough metarial to write a book about Red!

lalacurf121

Postby lalacurf121 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:30 am

amongst them you could find enough metarial to write a book about Red!

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:07 am

Kind of straying away from the subject, but Red played steel for Michael Nesmith on most of his solo albums, and toured with him also. I highly recommend listening to any of Mikes first three solo works with the First National Band iffn' y'all like Country/Rock flavored music.
Scott

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”