MOSRITE TUBE HEAD SER# 00007 (DUMBLE'S MOSRITE?)

arpsum

Re: MOSRITE TUBE HEAD SER# 00007 (DUMBLE'S MOSRITE?)

Postby arpsum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm

mosriteforever, you can find speaker cabinet on ebay now. Please check it out. You feel somthing of Mosrite amp from the shape, don't you? I'll loanch the pix later. I wish I bidded this cabinet, but shipping cost would be so expensive.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Arpsum, can you post a link to the speaker cabinet on eBay? I'm not finding it in my search.
Danny Ellison

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:26 am

JnsLobaugh,
Your amp is truly a piece of history. I see it uses 2 EL34s. Could you give an appraisal of how it sounds? Say, compared to Fender, Ampeg, Vox, etc. What are the specs? How much headroom before it starts to break up?
Like Arpsum said, you should try to clone it, or at least get a detailed schematic made.
Very cool.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:43 am

BUSY AT WORK AND HOME....
I WILL RESPOND NEXT TIME AROUND WITH NEW PICS AND YOUR TONE EVALUATION.
I HAVE HAD A COUPLE OF OFFERS FROM DUMBLE CLONE BUILDERS TO DO ANY WORK I NEED DONE
FOR COST OF PARTS ONLY BUT I'M NERVOUS OF SENDING THIS OUT WITHOUT KNOWING IF IT WILL EVER RETURN.
I'LL BE MONITORING THIS POST AND RESPONDING WHEN I GET AN OPPORTUNITY.

THANKS EVERYONE I REALLY ENJOY THIS GROUP AND IM GLAD I FOUND YOU.

---JSL
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

arpsum

Postby arpsum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 am

Hi JSL, as for Dumble amps enthusiasts, they're eager to know the inside. Besides, they're also eager to own it. If you sent your amp to those enthusiasts for a restoration, your amp would not be back to you. If you need a help, I think you had better ask Danny. He is the administrator of this forum and so good at vacume tube circuits.

arpsum

Postby arpsum » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:28 am

Danny, please check this link. :arrow: ROSAC

I found the thickness of the cabinet board is thinner like Mosrite electronics amps.

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:32 am

Thanks Arpsum,

It's no wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking for a Mosrite speaker cabinet. :lol:
Danny Ellison

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm

JSL: Really cool find! I'd like to know what it sounds like and what it all does too.

Other than the rocker switch problem and the general cosmetics, what's wrong with the amp?

Maybe one of the guys here that are in contact with some of the old Mosrite guys can ask if they ever saw one of the original Dumble amps. According to the Dumble interview, I got the impression that he went in to the factory to build these amps. If any one had seen the originals, they could possibly help with the style of the original coverings, etc.

jnslobaugh
Top Producer

Postby jnslobaugh » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:04 pm

OTHER THAN THE ROCKERS THERE ISN'T MUCH ELSE IMEDIATELY WRONG. THE PREAMP TUBES SHOULD BE REPLACED AND HAVE IT BIASED.
COSMETICALLY I WAS ABLE TO PULL SOME SMALL SWATCHES FROM UNDERNEATH THE CHASSIS. (BLACK OSTRICH - VERY SMALL QUILL)
AS FOR THE FRONT PANEL I WAS ABLE TO GET SOME DETERIORATED PIECES THAT HAVE BEEN STAINED WITH RUST FROM THE STAPLES BUT APPEAR TO BE LIKE A (WHEAT W/ GOLD)
JEFFREY S. LOBAUGH

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:30 pm

If you need Fender style wheat w/gold cloth, I probably have enough for your front panel. Leftover from my '63 Bassman redo. I'll dig around and see if I can find it. What are the approximate dimensions?

As for the switches, have you looked at old Thomas Organ Vox switches as a match? Are there any manufacturer's markings on the original ones? I used to have some VID branded ones that look like those, but had chrome rockers instead of black. I'll dig around for those as well.

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”