fuzzley by moseley

Cammrion

fuzzley by moseley

Postby Cammrion » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi, I own a vintage fuzz pedal that I can only find one reference to on the internet. The graphics on the case say "FUZZ-ley by Moseley of California". The only reference I could find on the internet said that it was a FUZZ-rite clone made during the period during the late 60's when Mr.Moseley was not in possession of the Mosrite brand name. Can anyone tell me if this information is correct. I play bass and I'm interested in selling the pedal to a good home to someone who would use it and care for it. I have no idea of what it's value could be since I can find no information on the pedal. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. The pedal is in fair condition. It is missing the adjustment knobs, battery cover plate and the battery terminal has been removed. I have no idea if it is functional but I do know my father own it since the early 70's. The graphic on the front are in excellent condition. I was able to look at the circuit board and it has silicon transistors. If anyone who reads this would like to make me an offer on the pedal I can be reached at mrdecker@att.net or at area code 580-726-3772. I live in the U.S. and I don't know the international dialing code. I would post it in the classified section of this forum but I have no idea what it's worth. Thank you, Robert R Decker.

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Re: fuzzley by moseley

Postby Mr. Bill » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:58 am

I've never heard or seen one before. What does it look like compared to a normal FuzzRite? Do you have any photos of the case and insides?

Cammrion

Postby Cammrion » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi, Bill. I was contacted on the evening I made that post by Mr. Bob Shade owner of Hallmark guitars. After reading about Hallmark I decide to donate the pedal to Hallmark for preservation in their historical archives. He informed me that he had spoken with Mr Ed Sanner and Ed told him the piece was made by Mr Moseley after their association had ended. Bob's plan is to send the pedal to Mr. Sanner for restoration, then it will be available to be viewed and potential used at the Hallmark factory in Greebelt MD. It has made me very happy to be able to deliver the piece to someone who has the capability to restore it and that it will be on display for those that assign great value to Mr. Moseley works. It dose look just like a FUZZrite, the only difference is the graphic on the box says "FUZZley by Moseley of California". Now whether or not the circuitry is the same that I don't know. This has been a great journey, never before have I come across such a unique piece with such a mysterious story behind. It has been my privilege to return it to the Mosrite community, knowing that it will be enjoy and shared for many years to come.

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Cammrion,
Very nice of you to donate the pedal to Bob. You did the right thing!
Scott

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 pm

Agreed, that was a nice thing to do. I hope that Bob Shade will post a photo or two here for all of us to share.

And I hope that he credits you and your father for the contribution.

Cammrion

Postby Cammrion » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Thank you Bill and Scott for your kind words, I’d like to tell everyone that just being able to speak to Bob has been one of the best experiences of my life. After learning who Bob is and the story of Hallmark guitars, him calling me has been better than if Jens Ritter or Ned Steinberger had got a hold of me. The only thing that would make this story better is if Mr. Moseley was still alive to give Bob a detailed description of the events that were going on at the time of the pedals production, so a history could be included where the pedal is to be displayed.

Cammrion

Postby Cammrion » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:58 pm

If anyone reads this and wants to show appreciation for what I've done, then please buy a KXM cd and never use individual file sharing to download music that you haven't paid for.

MZHempty

Postby MZHempty » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 am

I use a Fuzzley By Moseley pedal. I bought it in a pawn shop in 1994 for $8. Never knew much about it other than the relation to Mosrite, as I already owned a Mosrite Hi-Flier and a Gospel. It isn't my main fuzz box today but I use it sometimes for live shows. I found this thread while searching for some kind of schematics for the pedal. I've never seen another Fuzzley, but if anyone knows anything about the guts of these pedals please let me know. It's a fairly simple problem, a wire is loose and I can't find where it was originally soldered. I don't want to solder the wrong place and do any damage to it.

Mr. Bill
Top Producer

Postby Mr. Bill » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Welcome to the place. I've never seen one of these, and the other one discussed here hasn't been shown or discussed again. So maybe Bob Shade can help you.

If you want to post some photos, we can all see what these are made of and if I can, I will try and help you figure out where to reconnect the loose wire.

dorkrockrecords
Master Contributor

Postby dorkrockrecords » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:05 pm

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”