anybody know what this is? goes in between the venture amp and the instrument

infinatesorrow

anybody know what this is? goes in between the venture amp and the instrument

Postby infinatesorrow » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:12 pm

I have an opportunity to purchase this, but it will extend me more than i would like. I almost suspect it's weird dumble relic of some kind, like a massive distortion thing or attenuator or something. Anybody that has any clue i would appreciate any info

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3637261916301888&set=a.3637262469635166

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Re: anybody know what this is? goes in between the venture amp and the instrument

Postby Sarah93003 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:58 am

It would be helpful to see more photos of it.

That is a Mosrite oil can echo. I don't know what type of oil goes into it. I happen to have photos of one example of these. I have no idea how many were made, etc. i would have lots of questions, such as, does it work, etc. It would be a neat piece of history. I wouldn't even know how to value one of these either.
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

Greg_L
Top Producer

Re: anybody know what this is? goes in between the venture amp and the instrument

Postby Greg_L » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:40 am

Sarah93003 wrote:It would be helpful to see more photos of it.

That is a Mosrite oil can echo. I don't know what type of oil goes into it. I happen to have photos of one example of these. I have no idea how many were made, etc. i would have lots of questions, such as, does it work, etc. It would be a neat piece of history. I wouldn't even know how to value one of these either.

Those oil can echos are really cool. They use a literal oil can inside with a polished steel disc that spins like a record. The guitar signal is temporarily "printed" onto the disc and read by two or three rubber stylus type devices. It's kind of like an analog CD player lol.

Here's a restoration of a similar unit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySz0uQ20Sjk

Return to “Mosrite Amps & Accessories”