Did you see this description of a 50th anniversary Mosrite

midwestsurfer

Re: Did you see this description of a 50th anniversary Mosrite

Postby midwestsurfer » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:06 pm

Sixstringer wrote:I don't know....I find it an interesting and informative place to come with a lot of people who know what they are talking about, without all of the drivel and garbage that is on other forums, and people insulting each other like a bunch of babies. It's refreshing to come here and not have to put up with any of that. All I have ever seen is politeness and respect from the people on here.

I agree. I can't imagine why someone would bash this forum unless, as dubtrub mentioned, it's someone who was thrown off in the past.
Nick

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:05 am

midwestsurfer wrote:I can't imagine why someone would bash this forum unless, as dubtrub mentioned, it's someone who was thrown off in the past.
Yeah this was before some of you joined. I remember our "repair / builder" making his 'debut' on the Forum smack in the middle of a thread* about a new Mosrite tube amp. In hindsight it seemed this person of a particularly antagonistic demeanour only 'required' the Forum to get at someone and he ended up getting at the Forum itself also -which is so typical of this type of profile. He must've attend classes ..."How to Annoy People and Make Enemies"... :(

*page 10… viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1449&start=90

Haole Jim
Top Producer

Postby Haole Jim » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Angry people must have a rotten time getting up in the morning; the first person they see (in the mirror) is already p**sed off at the universe. What a way to exist....

On the guitars-from-Japan point; way back 'bout 74, Gibson was not making Firebirds and this picker had an itch there for. 'Ended up snagging a bolt-neck Ibanez copy of a Firebird V which is so nice, it's been held onto, despite reissues of real ones. Same thing with an Ibanez Thunderbird IV bass bought used in '82; it;s been the favourite church-bass, used for well over 100 Masses in the past 3 years.

Therefore, this picker is not in a position to metaphorically throw stones at Japan-Mosrite owners.

BTW, 'saw a few of the 50th Anniversary guitars when in Vegas almost 3 years ago. They were truly mgnificent instruments.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”