I'd like to pick your brains about Pick-Ups here...

Elnjay

I'd like to pick your brains about Pick-Ups here...

Postby Elnjay » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

My main query is about the Mosrite Bass pups, but I would imagine the replies would involve the pups in general.

My question is this:
Yesterday I broke out my Fillmore Ranger single-pup Bass guitar, and I realized that beside the awesome Mosrite shape, vibe, etc. the interesting facet was the SOUND.

I own a lot of bass guitars- Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Warwick, EBMM, and others-
Each has it's own character, no 2 are clones, and I know it's a combo of the woods, and pre-amp, etc.

But about the Mosrite pup, for Bass, in this case the Fillmore Ranger. It's such a remarkably UNIQUE sound...

I'm wondering, first, if anyone could equate how the Fillmore pickup compares
to the Semie-made Mosrite bass pups, both in sound and overall construction. That's to say, did/does Fillmore take pains to reproduce the windings, etc of the original Mosrite spec?

I haven't had the pleasure of playing a vintage Mosrite Ventures model bass, so I couldn't really say how the two compare sonically- It would be interesting to know that.

I do know that besides the unique Mosrite design, the Ranger bass has it's own unique character-that it entails the zero fret, the super-fast neck, speed frets, and the rosewood tailpiece as well as the bridge.

Anybody know how they configured the pups on the (Fillmore) repros?

Thanks, if you can comment.

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”