The Mosrite Excellent Club

last

Re: The Mosrite Excellent Club

Postby last » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:24 am

i was actually just on that site. found it in the links section. maybe that's who built mine? they look identical, except mine has the "ventures II model" on the headstock and i thought mine was a limited edition or something. the seymour duncan and dimarzio are what johnny ramone had in his guitar.

has anybody had one shipped to the states? i wouldn't mind possibly getting the excellent '65 in metallic or ink blue. how do you like these guitars? how much are they? who has the best clones? should i just fork over the dough for a vintage semie?

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:40 am

last,
There are no distributors for Kurokumo in the US. Several members of this forum attempted to buy direct from the website, but they do not ship overseas...I don't think they even respond to an email in a foreign language!
Here's your best bet for a metallic blue Mark 1.

http://frontporchmusic.net/

Artie is a member on this forum and a righteous dude. He has a new model from Fillmore, the '66, which is the same quality as the Kurokumo in the same price range...only you don't have to worry about importing. For a little more, you can get the hand wound pickups by Dana Moseley, who learned how to wind Mosrite pick ups from her dad, the Big Man himself. This is an option available on all the Fillmore models.

last

Postby last » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:47 am

Strat-o-rama wrote:last,
There are no distributors for Kurokumo in the US. Several members of this forum attempted to buy direct from the website, but they do not ship overseas...I don't think they even respond to an email in a foreign language!
Here's your best bet for a metallic blue Mark 1.

http://frontporchmusic.net/

Artie is a member on this forum and a righteous dude. He has a new model from Fillmore, the '66, which is the same quality as the Kurokumo in the same price range...only you don't have to worry about importing. For a little more, you can get the hand wound pickups by Dana Moseley, who learned how to wind Mosrite pick ups from her dad, the Big Man himself. This is an option available on all the Fillmore models.

thanks, but what's up with that website? i can't look at any of their products or find pricing or anything. and what kind of price difference are we talking between one of the fillmores and a vintage mosrite?

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:04 am

Artie believes in telephones. Give him a call and talk. A vintage '66, in excellent condition in ink blue will cost thousands more than a reissue, unless you get very, very lucky.

last

Postby last » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 am

http://www.edroman.com/guitars/IS_KLMNGuitars.htm#mosrite%20guitars

1965' Original Mosrite Ventures Model, Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard, Tremolo, Factory Reconditioned Excellent Condition $3,495.00

Reissue Mosrite 1965 Mark-I Ink Blue $2,795.00 Case is Extra.

the above is from ed roman's webiste. that's why i was asking. the difference here between a vintage and a reissue is ony $700. am i mistaken or what's the deal?

Strat-o-rama
Top Producer

Postby Strat-o-rama » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:03 am

Search this forum for opinions on Ed Roman. that's all I will say.
Artie is offering the new Fillmore '66 for a grand less than what you have posted.
As for the original: that is great, but is it metallic blue? Factory refurbished? there hasn't been a factory since 1968. So what was done to the vintage instrument?

last

Postby last » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Strat-o-rama wrote:Search this forum for opinions on Ed Roman. that's all I will say.
Artie is offering the new Fillmore '66 for a grand less than what you have posted.
As for the original: that is great, but is it metallic blue? Factory refurbished? there hasn't been a factory since 1968. So what was done to the vintage instrument?

yeah, i'm not to him with roman, but . . .
the vintage is ink blue (and so was the reissue i mentioned, by the way). says it was factory reconditioned and in excellent shape. doesn't list a serial number or anything. there's really not alot of detail there, but i also have no idea what a vintage mosrite should be selling for. there's not a whole lot on ebay. i'm navigating around this forum thought and picking up stuff little by little.

Vance Directive

Postby Vance Directive » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:13 pm

OK, I own a gorgeous Kurokumo Excellent in Pearl White. I'd post a picture right now if I could see how...

I'd like to know about how to get an upgraded, perhaps Vibramute tailpiece & bridge because the OEM Excellent tailpiece is a failure. I want a new, better tailpiece which will have the same footprint as the extant one, so replacing it does not mar the guitar face.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

This is a lonely club I guess. Here's mine.

LoveyX
Top Producer

Postby LoveyX » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:31 am

Beautiful guitar! thanks for posting, made my day...

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”