Gig pictures with my not quite clone

64sunburst
Top Producer

Gig pictures with my not quite clone

Postby 64sunburst » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:24 pm

Some pics from last Saturday's gig playing my Eastwood Sidejack. It's not a Mosrite or even a clone, but it's what I got. Pretty good guitar for what it is.

The band is called Tiki Taboo and as you can guess we play surf. This gig was called the Chinatown Surf-Lounge. Tiki print jackets from Savers.

Byron

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Gig pictures with my not quite clone

Postby dubtrub » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Nice looking guitar, and a real nice looking err......uh......bass guitar. ;)
Danny Ellison

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Cool! I haven't played a Sidejack but I was impressed by the Eastwood Saturn I tried at a local store.

Does Tiki Taboo have a website? Of course I'm interested in hearing your music, not more pictures of your bassist. :)
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

64sunburst
Top Producer

Postby 64sunburst » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:29 pm

I thought I'd give you guys something nice to look at besides my ugly mug. Cay, our bass player says she likes to wear shorts or short skirts while playing bass so that she can rest the bass on her bare leg. I said that's as good a reason as any...do what you gotta do! She's kind of a novice bass player but is pretty intuitive, so she has no trouble holding the bottom down.
We don't have a website yet, but we do have a cd on CDBaby and a couple of videos on Youtube, however I'm not on the cd and I'm playing bass on the videos. THe band has gone thru some changes in the past year. 8-)

brunob

Postby brunob » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:02 am

hey,what a guitar & what a cool bass player!!!!!!!
great shapes on stage!!!!!!congratulations!
I really go crazy 4 those 60's looking guitar,did you ever seen the italian Eko-500-700?.go to fetishguitar. on the web ,you'll find the right address
bruno :twisted:

64sunburst
Top Producer

Postby 64sunburst » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Thanks Bruno. I've seen fetishguitar.com - cool website with cool guitars. My friend got an Eastwood copy of the Wandre Doris - what a cool guitar! Yeah, the EKO's are very cool. I remember seeing a greenburst Galanti sitting in the music store window when I was a kid, and I really lusted after that guitar.

I saw the Wet Tones Youtube video of Los Straitjacket's "Casbah". Really good version! WHich one are?...the red Jazzmaster or the sunburst Jaguar?

Byron

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”