Purchased An Excellent Mark I Did I Do Good or Bad?

MozRite

Re: Purchased An Excellent Mark I Did I Do Good or Bad?

Postby MozRite » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:23 am

panther wrote:The control knobs are not vintage Mosrite.

Dan

Definitely not vintage. Japanese maybe last 20 years?
1966 Mosrite Mark V
1969 Firstman Avenger Mark 1
2007 Fillmore Mosrite Mark 1
1964 Gretsch Country Club
1962 Kay Swingmaster
2003 Fender Jazzmaster AVRI
2015 Fender Classic Player '60s Strat
1999 Danelectro Mod 6
2002 Tokai Jumbo Acoustic

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:05 pm

I believe these are made by Kurokumo. They were sold as Mosrite "Juniors" I believe. If you look at the body you will see it's slightly undersized. The scale length is the same. I have seen them with actual Excellent tailpieces. For some reason the Juniors had the rectangular neckplates and the full sized Kurokumo Mosrites have the bean shaped ones. The price you paid is pretty standard for the Junior size ones.

MozRite

Postby MozRite » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Johnny-Alien wrote:I believe these are made by Kurokumo. They were sold as Mosrite "Juniors" I believe. If you look at the body you will see it's slightly undersized. The scale length is the same. I have seen them with actual Excellent tailpieces. For some reason the Juniors had the rectangular neckplates and the full sized Kurokumo Mosrites have the bean shaped ones. The price you paid is pretty standard for the Junior size ones.

Johnny, thanks for the info. I checked on the internet and saw other Juniors once I read your post. When I was looking at that auction I thought it looked different. I thought is this a Mosrite Mini. But I guess I thought it was a full sized because of the standard neck scale and it is not a Mini but a Junior. The pickups looked close together but I thought maybe it was the photo angle so it was an illusion. usually I don't like Mini guitars, but hopefully I like thhis one. I wish the seller put Junior in the description.
1966 Mosrite Mark V
1962 Kay Swingmaster
1999 Danelectro Mod 6

GattonFan
Master Contributor

Postby GattonFan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Possibility is a Fillmore. Firstman Avengers had the teardrop neckplate.
So many guitars; So little time ..

Johnny-Alien

Postby Johnny-Alien » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:53 pm

The Juniors (like this one) were made by Kurokumo. I am not sure why they used a rectangular neckplate.

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:19 am

Johnny, thanks for the info. I checked on the internet and saw other Juniors once I read your post. When I was looking at that auction I thought it looked different. I thought is this a Mosrite Mini. But I guess I thought it was a full sized because of the standard neck scale and it is not a Mini but a Junior. The pickups looked close together but I thought maybe it was the photo angle so it was an illusion. usually I don't like Mini guitars, but hopefully I like thhis one. I wish the seller put Junior in the description.

If you are not happy, you can ask for return, not as listed.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

MozRite

Postby MozRite » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:57 am

panther wrote:Johnny, thanks for the info. I checked on the internet and saw other Juniors once I read your post. When I was looking at that auction I thought it looked different. I thought is this a Mosrite Mini. But I guess I thought it was a full sized because of the standard neck scale and it is not a Mini but a Junior. The pickups looked close together but I thought maybe it was the photo angle so it was an illusion. usually I don't like Mini guitars, but hopefully I like thhis one. I wish the seller put Junior in the description.

If you are not happy, you can ask for return, not as listed.

Dan

Turns out that before Johnny posted it is a Junior I had sent the seller a message asking who makes that Mosrite. I got a reply Saturday that it is still in the box and if I would like he would open the box and tell me, despite the fact that he marked it as shipped. So I wrote back asking for a refund because it turns out it is a junior and that was not stated in the auction. BUT he has not written back yet. It seems as if he neglects his messages in eBay. I hope he sees my message and refunds me before he ships it because if he ships it from Japan and I request a refund i don't know if he would reimburse for shipping even though it is his fault for not saying Junior in the auction and his fault for not checking and replying to messages in a timely manor.

Here is a Junior on YouTube. It's decent looking but I don't need a Junior since I have a full sized Fillmore, a vintage 1972 Mark I arriving soon, and a 1966 Mark V. If the Junior turned out to be full sized I would have welcomed it and decided which i like more and sell the one I don't like as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJKHsyaq-Qg
1966 Mosrite Mark V
1962 Kay Swingmaster
1999 Danelectro Mod 6

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”