Here is Mosrite Mark II slab body serial # B125

SS90

Here is Mosrite Mark II slab body serial # B125

Postby SS90 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:04 pm

I've own this Mosrite for over 30 years. Played it with GG Allin and the Jabbers. I bought it just the way it looks..never did anything to it. Looks like the vibrato was removed by a previous owner. Does anyone know if any of these guitars where sent out of the factory with the tail piece mod my guitar has?

Do I have to use a URL to post pictures?

SS

SanchoPansen
Top Producer

Re: Here is Mosrite Mark II slab body serial # B125

Postby SanchoPansen » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:20 am

Welcome to the forum and yes, you have to use an URL to post pictures here.

wombat
Valued Member

Postby wombat » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:32 pm

I can't wait to see it!

maxkat

Postby maxkat » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:25 am

Steve has sent me some pictures to post them here – so here we go...

To keep all the stuff together, here's the story and the video:
SS90 wrote:Hi All,

Found this site after doing some research on my Mosrite Mark II last night so I figured it was a good idea to join the site and put my guitar in the database here. One of the guys here will post pics of it.

About myself and the guitar. Being a big Ramones fan in NH I bought this guitar in 1981 or 1982 at Daddy's Junkie Music when it was on Elm St in Manchester, NH for $200. I did not alter it all from what it was like when I purchased it. Big question is the modified tail piece with missing vibrato and if a previous owner modified it or did it come out of the factory like this.

I bought this guitar right around the time I joined GG Allin and the Jabbers. There is a youtube lip synch video on this site that shows me "playing" this guitar. This was the first thing I ever did with GG. I actually played this guitar for a couple GG live shows but started playing other guitars and just kept the Mosrite tucked away. A couple of times I thought of making it a "Johnny Ramone" version by changing the pick ups, paint, bridge, etc but in the back of my mind thought best to keep it like I bought it knowing it was very close to dead stock from the factory.

Is it for sale? Make me an offer I couldn't refuse....haha.

Steve

maxkat wrote:

Thanks, Steve.
Cheers, Max

SS90

Postby SS90 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:42 am

Max....thanks for all you help and info. I'm glad my guitar and I are now members of the Mosrite Forum.

Steve

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:18 pm

Cool guitar! The tailpiece is a modified stock part - the vibrato arm itself was removed and the base plate cut, bent and drilled to make a string mount. Actually a pretty neat solution!
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

SS90

Postby SS90 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:58 pm

MWaldorf wrote:Cool guitar! The tailpiece is a modified stock part - the vibrato arm itself was removed and the base plate cut, bent and drilled to make a string mount. Actually a pretty neat solution!

Yes looks like a previous owner of this guitar did it or had it done by someone. From what I have been told I can still get the vibrato parts for it. And someday I might to put the guitar back to original.

Anyone out there know if original guitar cases are floating around for a Mark II? When I bought the guitar it did not have the original case.

Steve

eltuce
Top Producer

Postby eltuce » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:26 pm

An original case might run you some $$$ but you can probably get a Hallmark case for it for around $100. They're good quality and fit very well. You must know some people I know here in Boston. I know a few that played with GG.

motiersbad
Valued Member

Postby motiersbad » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:16 am

Hi Steve :D

great to have you here! Maxkat showed me the video some time ago and we've talked about it if the man in the video (you hehe) plays a slab body ..... now it's so cool that you are here and talk with us :)

Yes your vibrato(-plate) is modified. there are some people out who have still an original one for sale. you can contact me, i know some people who have one for sale :)

original cases are hard to find. in ebay, a man (who all know) sells for much money original cases sometimes. if you want it cheaper, you can contact Bob Shade from hallmark guitars. (he's here in the forum, too) He has nice cases that will fit and are okay .... look at the pictures - this is my vII in a hallmark case :) (klick on it to get full view)

Image Image

Have fun here with us mosrite freaks ;)

best regards,
Phil

SS90

Postby SS90 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:46 am

Hi Phil,

Beautiful MKII you have there.

In that youtube video I was a skinny 20 year old "kid" and was still living in my parents home..not even close to being a man yet...lol.

I may try to get the original vibrato parts for my guitar but not install it. I was given advice that a serious collector would rather own this guitar the way it is because I was in GG Allin and the Jabbers and the guitar is documented and has provenience. (thanks to the youtube video). And I (and others) may have some very old photos floating around of GG live shows with me playing the guitar. And GG has become a lot more famous being dead than he ever was alive. His "legend" grows every day and I've even seen Japanese tribute sites now.

Anyways, very unlikely I will sell this guitar that I have cherished for over 30 years. But when I drop dead my kids might sell it someday..lol.

Steve

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”