Hello From Detroit!

HiFiHellcat

Hello From Detroit!

Postby HiFiHellcat » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Hey all!

I'm sure I've been on here before, though I don't recall officially registering...

Huge Mosrite enthusiast, and collector of sorts, proud owner of lots of stuff, and addicted gearhead.

Mosrite gear:
Ventures - Sunburst
Ventures II - White
Ventures bass - being refinished Pearl White (In the process)
Stereo 350 bass - Black
Serenade - Sunburst
Combo - Burgundy
Celebrity - Amberburst
Brassrail Deluxe - Black
Mosrite amp, 15" speaker solid state

Maybe I'm forgetting something...

Been in love with these guitars since the late 80's when I started playing guitar, stopped playing them at live shows in the late 90's/early 00's...

motiersbad
Valued Member

Re: Hello From Detroit!

Postby motiersbad » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi & Welcome :)

can you tell more about the white ventures II ? Maybe you can tell us the serial number?

Thanks and best regards,
Phil

dubtrub
Administrator

Postby dubtrub » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Nice collection. Welcome to the forum.
Danny Ellison

Sarah93003
Master Contributor

Postby Sarah93003 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Welcome to the forum. Pictures or it didn't happen! :mrgreen:
1982 Fender Bullet
1994 Gretsch Streamliner G3155 Custom
2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
2006 Jude Les Paul 12 String

FrankJames
Top Producer

Postby FrankJames » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 am

Welcome to the mosriteforum !!

BRRanger
Top Producer

Postby BRRanger » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:42 am

Welcome (back?) to the forum!
Scott

panther
Top Producer

Postby panther » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:48 am

Welcome, What Sarah said.

Dan
"The More People I Meet, The More I Miss My Dog"

Bob Shade
Master Contributor

Postby Bob Shade » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:10 pm

High five! What Dan said that Sarah said.

HiFiHellcat

Postby HiFiHellcat » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:08 pm

Well, a couple things - I'm not really a 'pictures' kinda guy, and I don't think I'd post just pics of my guitars any more than I'd post pics of any of my girlfriends...
Now if it was a pic of me playing one @ a show, that might be a different story, and now that I think about it, maybe there are a few of those in digital format that I might be able to find.

Another thing is that I'm not terribly computer/tech savvy, and I'd already looked over several posts where people are asking for help posting their pics, so it's probably not gonna happen.

Lastly on that note, I find it horribly annoying to see people complaining about what I do to my own property - granted it might break my heart to see someone butcher a great instrument - but Johnny Ramone was a huge influence for wanting to play guitar in general, and in wanting to play a Mosrite as well, so my Ventures II had a little customization done to it.
Knobs, pickups, tuning machines... And it's missing a switch tip.

That one came from Kentucky iirc, and they had a blue one as well, and in between visits, Nokie had signed a couple guitars they had for sale!

I know people who would/will complain about my Gretsch electric that I want to have the bridge replaced on with something that is fixed, as opposed to the floating bridge that's on it now, which I find terribly annoying, but the bottom line is that it will serve me better, and I will play it more, and get more use out of it than I do now.
Plus I have no intention of selling it!

I have a hard time parting with instruments, though I did trade my first Mosrite- a Celebrity with that reddish sunburst - in on the Ventures guitar, and eventually replaced the pickups in that with some local custom jobs, and that made people cringe...
That guitar and I certainly have 'been the miles', but my Les Pauls have overtaken the lead on that front since I retired the 'rites.

I mainly signed up on here to see about advice for a refinishing project - I am currently working on an American made Fender Bullet bass from the early 80's, and the Ventures bass; I am totally out of my element, as I don't do this kind of thing and am not terribly handy, but it's something I am interested in learning about, and it's also something I am able to do with my father to spend some time with him, so that's all good!
The main thing with the bass is that the neck binding has a piece of binding that is missing, about 3mm wide and I'm not sure how to proceed there.

Anyone on here actually think the duckfoot tuners aren't one of the coolest things ever?

Previously, I contacted someone regarding getting ahold of some for this bass, and rather than attempting to help me locate some Mosrite machines, they just 'informed' me that to be 'proper' my bass wouldn't have the duckfoot machines.
It's mine, I don't intend to sell it, and I think those things look awesome!

Scoot

Postby Scoot » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:56 pm

1.Their yours do what you want
2.not everyone will like what you do
3.refer point 1

Return to “INTRODUCTION: Please Start Here”