What is the better Fillmore Mark II?

GTSP
Top Producer

What is the better Fillmore Mark II?

Postby GTSP » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:07 pm

So what is the better Mark II from Fillmore? The Ramones model that Roman used to sell or the one that is currently being sold ot Front Porch?

Just looking for a few good opinions.

Thanks
In order of purchase:
1) Mosrite Ranger
2) V88
3) Stereo 350
4) Hallmark II in Johnny Blue
5) Danelectro '66
6) Celebrity III
7) Hallmark Gospel
8) Serenade
9) Eastwood 300

Johnny

Re: What is the better Fillmore Mark II?

Postby Johnny » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:57 pm

You mean which is better; the MK II standard or the MK II deluxe? The Deluxe is a replica of Johnny's but it doesnt have the signature stuff on it. This is a question of personal preference.

Or do you mean which is better; the Ed Roman Guitar (Johnny Ramone signature by fillmore, no longer in production) or the Deluxe? Same guitar. the signature series was replaced by the deluxe.

Hope this helps.

GTSP
Top Producer

Postby GTSP » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Yes, the Johnny Ramone signature guitar that Ed Roman used to sell. Is it the same guitar that Front Porch is selling? I can't read anything on that catalog that Artie has posted. Is the Mark II Mosrite Deluxe & the Standard different guitars? If so, what are the differences? Which one does Artie have in stock?
In order of purchase:
1) Mosrite Ranger
2) V88
3) Stereo 350
4) Hallmark II in Johnny Blue
5) Danelectro '66
6) Celebrity III
7) Hallmark Gospel
8) Serenade
9) Eastwood 300

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm

GTSP wrote:Yes, the Johnny Ramone signature guitar that Ed Roman used to sell. Is it the same guitar that Front Porch is selling? I can't read anything on that catalog that Artie has posted. Is the Mark II Mosrite Deluxe & the Standard different guitars? If so, what are the differences? Which one does Artie have in stock?

Deluxe is the same, only cheaper. Standard has diffrent pickups.

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:22 am

Is the Deluxe really the same as the signature model?

I have a japanese Mark II, which I'm quite sure is a Fillmore Mark II Deluxe. Why I'm questioning this is the price: the price for one that I have was 650 EUR in Finland - whereas the signature model costed a couple of thousand (but never sold in Finland by any store, as far as I know).
This concludes my report from outer space. Now, back to studio!

Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:33 am

Chemo wrote:Is the Deluxe really the same as the signature model?

I have a japanese Mark II, which I'm quite sure is a Fillmore Mark II Deluxe. Why I'm questioning this is the price: the price for one that I have was 650 EUR in Finland - whereas the signature model costed a couple of thousand (but never sold in Finland by any store, as far as I know).

Are you sure yours is even a Fillmore since it was 650. Sounds more like Eastwood pricing. My MK II standard was ~1200. Johnny sig ~1500. I'm from finland too, by the way, and I've never seen a single fillmore for sale here.

The signature cost so much because Johnny was greedy, lol. (Sold guitar receipt for 500 on ebay.)

The deluxe is the exact same guitar, without the logos.

zarfnober
Top Producer

Postby zarfnober » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Are you sure yours is even a Fillmore since it was 650. Sounds more like Eastwood pricing. My MK II standard was ~1200. Johnny sig ~1500. I'm from finland too, by the way, and I've never seen a single fillmore for sale here.

The signature cost so much because Johnny was greedy, lol. (Sold guitar receipt for 500 on ebay.)

As for Johnny being greedy, the signature models sold anywhere from $850.00-$1,200.00 when they first came out. The price skyrocketed when Ed roman started selling them, as I recall. As much as $4K. There really weren't too many of these made, I doubt Johnny made much on them at all, if anything. In fact, he told Semie and Loretta that he'd be available for anything they wanted to do when the Ramones models were made, had they ever been in the position to market them, according to Loretta.

As for the reciept, it sold for around $2,200.00 at auction, good for him. The band also auctioned off a lot of memoribilia and donated the money to the NYPD and FDNY after 9-11. Greedy?

Rocco
www.rockometeramp.com Vinatge spec American and British style cabs, custom cabs, recovers, regrills and restorations.

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am

Hey, cool to meet another finn here :) Terkkuja Kirkkonummelta. Let's keep this in english though so we won't close everybody else out of the conversation.

Johnny wrote:Are you sure yours is even a Fillmore since it was 650. Sounds more like Eastwood pricing.

Eastwood it ain't. I bought the guitar from Levytukku back in '03. They imported some Excellents from Black Cloud and the Ramo'ed model - which seemed to be exactly like the Mark II Deluxe that Fillmore was making at the time. I searched the internet but didn't find anybody else making that kind of a version then.

This was some time before the signature model, when the prices were lower. If the price was as low as $850 in the US back then, 650 EUR seems quite realistic...

Btw, Fillmores (and Excellents) are sold in Finland even now. Here's the companys' website: http://www.imai.fi/guitars/index.html They had Mosrites on display at Nastola rautalankafestivaalit last summer.

Here's a picture of the guitar (the one on the right, obviously):

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:11 am

Chemo wrote:Hey, cool to meet another finn here :) Terkkuja Kirkkonummelta. Let's keep this in english though so we won't close everybody else out of the conversation.
(Just a slight side-tracking now)
Not to worry son, ...I know all the languages...except Greek...trouble is, it's all Greek to me anyway... :mrgreen:

Chemo
Top Producer

Postby Chemo » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:38 am

Veenture wrote:Not to worry son, ...I know all the languages...except Greek...trouble is, it's all Greek to me anyway... :mrgreen:

Har har, good one! :lol:

Return to “Modern Mosrites & Clones”