Mosrite 67 Joe Maphis Should I trade for it ??

paddle_70

Mosrite 67 Joe Maphis Should I trade for it ??

Postby paddle_70 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:52 am

I was just at my local repair shop and they have a 67 Joe Maphis all original minus a new fret job with OEM spec'd frets. Everything else is original including the case. I trust the owner 100% and he does great work. Anyhow, I was thinking about trading a 95 Taylor 710 and EBMM Supersport for it.

What do you guys think? I don't have much experince with these guitars but it sounds and plays great. He is also asking $2000.00 for it.

Thanks

dubtrub
Administrator

Re: Mosrite 67 Joe Maphis Should I trade for it ??

Postby dubtrub » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm

First of all, Welcome to the forum.

Personally I am not familiar with the equipment that you listed, so I have no idea as to what their value would be in comparison to a trade on the '67 Joe Maphis model Mosrite you are looking at. I do know that Mosrite's regardless of what model they are, especially those made in the 60's will continue to appreciate in value and will become harder and harder to get as time goes by.

Any Mosrite is going to be a different breed from anything else you have ever played especially with their super thin necks. The sound of a Mosrite is in a league of their own. So, if you have tested one and feel that it plays and sounds great, you can't go wrong in your investment.

Personally I think it is easier to sell a Mosrite than buy, due to them becoming fewer as time goes by, so it wouldn't be a hard decision form me.
Danny Ellison

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”