Ventures in Space the Movie!

ZacJM
Top Producer

Ventures in Space the Movie!

Postby ZacJM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:01 pm

When men went into outer space, The Ventures were there too to play some music for them:

Maybe this was a show but I bet there was more to it then what is shown in this clip. Has anyone ever seen this? Nokie looked pretty happy and jumpy, course I guess once you put on a space jump suit, cowboy boots, and a hat to match them you don't care what your doing :D . Very cool video, music a bit too slow in the begining in my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/zacmoritz

Main instruments:
Wilson Bros. VM-100 Bogle Model
Reissue Epiphone Willshire
Marshall Mosfet 100 Reverb amp
Green Russian Fuzz Box
Cordovox Super V
Golden Cup Chromatic B-System

Veenture
Master Contributor

Re: Ventures in Space the Movie!

Postby Veenture » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:07 pm

Excellent find Zac. I've never seen it ...can't remember if there was any mention of it in The Ventures book by Del Halterman...I'll have to check later. Co producer of this video and friend of the Ventures, Dave Carr plays keyboards here and also on the 1983 recordings for the "25 years In Space" album, also released in 1984 as "NASA 25th Anniversary" album. Dave has played keyboards on a good deal of Ventures recordings, so that shouldn't be a surprise (he passed away only 4 years later if the video date is correct, which seems to be). Perhaps the video was initially intended for possible NASA 25th. Anniversary celebrations involving NASA employees and their families etc.. :?

Image.......and here you can listen to the tracks (mono) :arrow: http://jukebox.au.nu/instromania/instro ... ive_album/

Nokie's Cowboy hat 'n' boots reflect his love for country music I have always thought...he wears 'em, no matter what... :D

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:21 pm

.......<Dave Carr plays keyboards here and also on the 1983 recordings for the "25 years In Space" album, also released in 1984 as "NASA 25th Anniversary" album.
Dave has played keyboards on a good deal of Ventures recordings, so that shouldn't be a surprise (he passed away only 4 years later if the video date is correct,> ......

Paul, Dave Carr from "the Fortunes" is actually very much alive according to 'the Fortunes' Website.....??? :?
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:
.......<Dave Carr plays keyboards here and also on the 1983 recordings for the "25 years In Space" album, also released in 1984 as "NASA 25th Anniversary" album.
Dave has played keyboards on a good deal of Ventures recordings, so that shouldn't be a surprise (he passed away only 4 years later if the video date is correct,> ......

Paul, Dave Carr from "the Fortunes" is actually very much alive according to 'the Fortunes' Website.....??? :?

oops... :oops: ...my bad, must be a case of mistaken identity on my part...I apologize.

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Zac.......nice fine! I've never seen this video either.....seems like the boys were cutting up a bit, but it is still really nice to see them, all equipped with Fenders, having some fun.
Thanks for posting it!

rog43win
Top Producer

Postby rog43win » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm

rog43win wrote:Zac.......nice fine! I've never seen this video either.....seems like the boys were cutting up a bit, but it is still really nice to see them, all equipped with Fenders, having some fun.
Thanks for posting it!

I meant "nice find"........ :mrgreen:

Dennisthe Menace

Postby Dennisthe Menace » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

oops... :oops: ...my bad, must be a case of mistaken identity on my part...I apologize.

Not a big deal meng, just thought you might want to know ;) .
make the Mos' of it, choose the 'rite stuff.
.........Owner of 9 Mosrites...
.....proud owner and documented:
1963 "the Ventures" Model s/n #0038
http://www.thevintagerockproject.com/

Veenture
Master Contributor

Postby Veenture » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:07 pm

Dennisthe Menace wrote:

Not a big deal meng, just thought you might want to know ;) .
Thanks Dennis. BTW there's no mention of this video footage in the Del Halterman book of The Ventures. It was probably meant to help promote NASA's cause :?

ZacJM
Top Producer

Postby ZacJM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:45 pm

I asked the guy if there was more and he said they play one other song, but otherwise that is about all there is too it. Maybe its on some bigger DVD comp. put together for NASA?
http://www.youtube.com/zacmoritz

Main instruments:
Wilson Bros. VM-100 Bogle Model
Reissue Epiphone Willshire
Marshall Mosfet 100 Reverb amp
Green Russian Fuzz Box
Cordovox Super V
Golden Cup Chromatic B-System

brutus
Top Producer

Postby brutus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Thats great! Thanks for the post, I love the whole Ventures/Space thing...makes me wonder if anyone in the band was a space buff. Jimi Hendrix often sited "Ventures in Space" as one of his favorite albums.

Return to “Music Related”