Mosrite Ventures Model: Needed Info

bigdave

Mosrite Ventures Model: Needed Info

Postby bigdave » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello to all. I need some info on my guitar. I have a Mosrite "The Ventures" Model that has been in a case in my dad's attic since the 60's and now it sits in it's case under my bed. Dad played in a band and loaned a band mate money, he gave my dad this guitar until he paid him back. He didn't pay him back, so dad kept the guitar. I thought I was going to get into guitars, didn't work out. I know little about it or even what the value is. I think it would be best to find an appreciative home for this guitar as it's doing nothing but taking up space and pipe dreams. Any help that you could offer would be great. If you need any more information I would be glad to get it to you. I am interested in selling if price is fair. Serial is 4913. Original case, missing handle. Sunburst. I have plenty of pictures for those of you who would care to take a look. Thank you for your time.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Mosrite Ventures Model: Needed Info

Postby MWaldorf » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Dave,
If you can post pictures with would help to figure out what you've got and how much it's worth. From the serial it sounds like an early '67, towards the end of the Ventures endorsement.
Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

vetovideo

Postby vetovideo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 am

Looks like a late 66 early 67. I remember something about 67's having 7 pickguard screws ??? One year had 8 and the other had 7. Anyone else remember?

vetovideo

Postby vetovideo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:50 am

Knew I saw the 7 screw reference somewhere on here. Go to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2781 then go down to "Moseley Models". Using the info here will help you narrow down the year!

bigdave

Postby bigdave » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm

So after looking at the pictures, do I have something special here? Does anyone know where might be able to provide a good home for this classic.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Postby MWaldorf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Dave,

Every Mosrite is special. :)

Sunburst was the standard color for the Ventures model, and the earlier ones are more valuable that the later ones. I've got one very similar (serial 48xx) and it's a great guitar. My guess is that given the condition, yours is worth in the $2000 - $2500 range. You'll see a bunch of them on eBay for double that; but those guitars have been up there for a year if not more. There's a 65-66 model on ebay now that's a bit more worn for $2,275, and I think that's a good comparison.

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

Return to “Mosrite Guitars & Basses Vintage USA”