Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue

dellison

Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue

Postby dellison » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 pm

So a couple of weeks ago I was in GC trying to find someone with some experience with the Fender 65 Princeton Reverb Reissue. Well no one there at the time knew anything about them and they didn't have any in stock but in conversation they said they could get me one from a different store for a pretty good price. So after thinking about it and doing some checking I went ahead and gave the nod to order one. I was a kind of concerned because they were going to ship it out from a different store and it was a floor model but the dude assured me if there were any problems to just bring it back to the local store and they would take care of it.

So today the thing arrived and it is AMAZING! The thing is in mint brand new condition and looks like it was just out of the box. They said that it was only on the floor in Texas for a week. So I got a brand new, full warrantee amp with all the accessories! Mind you this is also before I realized that Fender for some stupid reason has decided to raise the price of these things so the new-new price is like $1050 (according to my buddies new Musician's Friend catalog).

It sounds awesome and I am pretty darn happy! The best part they only charged me tax like I bought it here and they paid for the shipping.

MWaldorf
Site Admin

Re: Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue

Postby MWaldorf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:01 am

Congratulations! Princeton Reverbs are great amps, high on my "someday" list. Also - very nice photo - guitar plugged in, leaning on the powered up amp. But where's the glass of bourbon? :)

Mel
Oy vey - it's MESHUGGA BEACH PARTY - The world's premier Jewish Surf Music Band!

What? Couldn't tell the logo is a link? So click here, what's the hold up? http://www.meshuggabeachparty.com

dellison

Postby dellison » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:37 am

MWaldorf wrote:Congratulations! Princeton Reverbs are great amps, high on my "someday" list. Also - very nice photo - guitar plugged in, leaning on the powered up amp. But where's the glass of bourbon? :)

Mel

LOL Thanks! I am REALLY happy with the amp. I went back out and spent another hour playing through it.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 am

Yeah Duane, they raised their prices quite a bit. $1250.00 for a American Standard strat and $120 for a squier Bullet. There's no need for them to raise the prices at a time when people are getting laid off and the economy is so screwed up. Just makes it harder for people to get their dream gear you know.

KRamone27
Master Contributor

Postby KRamone27 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:28 am

BTW I noticed you got the guitar plugged into the amp with the amp on, but no glass of bourbon :shock:

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:50 am

If they sound anything like the originals they will be great. I have 1966 here and love it.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dellison

Postby dellison » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey Jim that sounds pretty cool to have a real vintage one! Can you post a photograph? It would be neat to see an original!

goldentrem

Postby goldentrem » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:23 am

I picked up a reissue about 3 months ago and could not be happier.
The first time i played one was about 6 months ago in a shop while i was trying out a Mosrite Excellent 65 which i bought one the spot, i would have loved to have taken the PRRI as well but the $2000 AU price tag was rather off putting :shock:
3 months later i got the chance to get a near new, 6 weeks old for half the rrp.
ABing a Deluxe Reverb i've got to say the Princeton has a much warmer sound. For my use, playing in my lounge room and the monthly visit to a rehearsal room to blast out a bit louder it is my dream amp, reverb and vibrato are great.
Prices for original BF PR or even silver face models are very steep here in Australia and very hard to find.
Also it looks nice with some white vintage style knobs!

sleeperNY
Top Producer

Postby sleeperNY » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:17 am

dellison wrote:Hey Jim that sounds pretty cool to have a real vintage one! Can you post a photograph? It would be neat to see an original!

I will try to get a pic some time. I am keeping it where we practice for right now. I also have a 1966 Deluxe reverb and for me the Deluxe isn't half the amp the Princeton is.

Jim
Gretsch-6122-58
Gretsch-6122-59
Gretsch-6120-vs-55
NOS Partsright Mosrite by Jim
Hallmark 60 Custom
Fender Twin Custom 15 Fender Tone Master Twin
Fender Bassman 59 LTD
Peavey Delta Blues
Korg AX3000G

dellison

Postby dellison » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:39 pm

goldentrem wrote:I picked up a reissue about 3 months ago and could not be happier.
The first time i played one was about 6 months ago in a shop while i was trying out a Mosrite Excellent 65 which i bought one the spot, i would have loved to have taken the PRRI as well but the $2000 AU price tag was rather off putting :shock:
3 months later i got the chance to get a near new, 6 weeks old for half the rrp.
ABing a Deluxe Reverb i've got to say the Princeton has a much warmer sound. For my use, playing in my lounge room and the monthly visit to a rehearsal room to blast out a bit louder it is my dream amp, reverb and vibrato are great.
Prices for original BF PR or even silver face models are very steep here in Australia and very hard to find.
Also it looks nice with some white vintage style knobs!

It sounds like you got a pretty deal for your location! Can't beat a great deal! I noticed that, at least on GC and MF the new prices are posted. SA is saying you have 2 more days for the 2008 prices so if anyone is looking to buy something now might be the time. These new prices are really irritating. I sure hope there is a good reason for it and they didn't increase their profit margin but it wasn't a minor increase to me it seems pretty significant...

Return to “Other Instruments, Equipment, Accessories & Projects”